Thursday, September 4, 2008

What Should I Do?

What Should I Do? Okay here's the thing, I have an older brother. He's not that much older than I am. There is a yr and 9 month age difference between us. Because we are so close in age, we hang out a lot when I'm visiting the westcoast (he lives in LA)...In fact he and I have always been close. We went to the same schools for most of our lives and have a ton of mutual friends...Anyway my brother is what women consider to be fine, hot, attractive, charismatic, sexy, etc... (I don't see it lol) but anyway my closest girlfriends all have or have had a thing for him at some point or another and he has fucked ALL of them! As you can imagine, his rendevous with my friends have created some problems for me over the years. Anyway as the years progressed (he conquered/ had his fill of my girls) but when I moved to New York for college (and my girls went to other states to do the same) those types of problems subsided...Since then all has been well within my circle of friends....BUT last month my brother came to Brooklyn to pay me a visit...While he was here he met and had sex with another good friend of mine. I went to college/ shared a few classes with this particular female and I've come to value her place in my life over the past 4 1/2 yrs that I've known her...Anyway the problem is she got pregnant...My brother went back to LA...he doesn't know yet; and considering the fact that he is ENGAGED to a lovely young lady back in California AND he has a child with her!! I don't think he is going to want to know...Hell, I don't want to know what I know. My friend here in NY has no idea that my brother is in a relationship back in Cali. She is aware that he had a child but my brother mislead her...She thinks he is single. What should I do? I don't want to not be loyal to my brother by blowing up his spot; but at the same time I don't want my girlfriend to be in this situation blind; which she is at this point. My friend asked me not to tell my brother the news, as she wants to be the one to break it to him. She only told me because she wanted to know how I thought he'd react when she told him. (can you imagine what was running through my head?) This is such a mess there is no way that I'm going to come out of this without someone being upset with me; which is really fucked up because I'm not the one who was lying or cheating or having sex with anyone! I've always told my friends to stay away from my brother, to no avail...It was kind of funny and cute when we were younger, but now things are more serious. There are babies involved!

9 comments:

Video Vix[o]n said...

got damn, that is on some EXTRA Maury madness.

I feel bad that you have to make such a nerve-recking decision, but of course, in these situations, there is the BEST thing and the RIGHT thing.

BEST thing: Don't tell your brother until a later date when thing might simmer down (then again, that might never happen).

RIGHT thing: Tell your brother. In the end, even though he's your blood, he did lay his bed, so he has to ultimately lie in it, no matter how much it might hurt his relationship. Your best friend at least deserves that amount of respect, seeing she's the one's that's pregnant.

I'm no Dr. Phil, but I hope that helps.

Treasure said...

You mean I should tell ON my brother? as far as the right thing?
I was kinda leaning toward telling on him...I mean the girl is pregnant and I seriously doubt that he'll be honest with her...I know my brother and he probably thinks that since he lives so far away, he'll be able to live a double life on some 007 shit.

Mickey.* said...

Oh wow at this whole situation.

If I were in that predicament I think I'd let my bestfriend know what's actually up. If you don't then you might end up losing a very good friend [if she finds the truth out from your brother she may feel betrayed by you because you knew the truth but didn't let her know.] As for your brother, that's family.. I don't think that he'll be upset with you if you do let your bestfriend know.. It's not like you're telling his fiance that he got your bestfriend pregnant.


-Mickey

Milz said...

Aw thats messed up, I think you should tell him. But then again I don't think you should. It would be the right thing tell him

Treasure said...

@ Mickey: EXACTLY. (She'll feel betrayed) and my brother, well he'll be mad but in the end he's still my brother...he'll forgive me. And I'll forgive him for inadvertantly putting me in the middle...While I'm on the "telling spree", I should tell his fiance what is going on too; because she's a nice woman...just had his baby and really doesn't deserve to be lied to either...BUT! that is not my place. I have to leave that to him no matter how badly I hate to see these 2 women hurt. (Not to mention my nephew who will have to be in the middle of this drama once it unfolds)...Anyway my friend said that she is going to tell him on Sunday. So I have until then to break the news to her or tell my brother so that he can be honest with her and or his fiance or whatever...
@Jay: This whole thing is messy. I'm starting to think that there is no "right thing" to do.

The Love Collective said...

I love this blog. Just showing love.

http://boughettonews.blogspot.com/

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

u did right, children cannot protect themselves

hope u don’t mind the drive by, do chk me out one day

rawdawgbuffalo and if u like what u read, maybe u will come back, even Blog Roll Me

Bombchell said...

wow girl thats some crazy shit.wel ur brother knew he was in a relationship when he messed around with ur friend. he's a grown man, and unfortunately they didnt use protection or something bad happened to it. u warned ur friend. back then i would have let her know he was in a relationship, if she's ur friend.

Anyways now: let her tell him she's pregnant soon. and if she doesnt then tell him. but let her know she should brace herself for some crazy news from your brother but ur not getting into it.

u warned them, now its their business. por fiance, better she find out now than later during the marriage =/

1me said...

wow....



tell ur brother....
ifu take long to tell him... he will be mad at u

this is not the BEST thing: Don't tell your brother until a later date when thing might simmer down (then again, that might never happen).


tell him


asap