Monday, September 15, 2008

Chivalry is DEAD!

Found out today that someone shot Chivalry with a desert eagle, slit his throat and then left him drowning in a puddle of his own blood...
Sure I've brushed off many subtle clues as to his death in the past...You know, a "failed hold the door for a lady" here; and a "take my seat on the crowded subway,obviously old as dirt woman" there, but I shook those things off. I thought maybe Chivalry was taking a sick day; but he certainly couldn't be dead.
WRONG!!! He is as dead as Ma$e's rap career. Let me tell you how it became apparent to me...
Today I saw a man shove a pregnant woman so hard that she stumbled; just so that he could get inside of the doors to the Chase bank first... As I was helping the woman get her balance, the same man managed to step on my foot, and did not say "sorry" or anything on his mad dash to the teller...Upon finding out that the window he was headed toward was closed, the man then proceeded to hurry past and get in front of an elderly man using a walker. The old guy was slowly but surely making his way to the next available window, but he never stood a chance.
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Chivalry is dead.

8 comments:

Video Vix[o]n said...

this is when i would have proceded to go "brooklyn" on this dude and somebody would have been cursed out. but tragically chivalry is dead.

I try to keep it alive though.

Carla said...

*gasp gasp gasp gasp gasp*

Okay, that was a little dramatic, but WOW!!!! I would've tripped him on the way out. That's my childish way of dealing with things. lol

The ones who ARE gentleman are usually players. So yes, chivalry died with the dinosaurs.

Jackie's eyes said...

Greetings

I beg to differ, chivalry isn't dead it mearly only lends itself to the elderly and homosexuals!

Date a gay guy you'll get all the chivalry in the world! lmbo.

Treasure said...

LOL @ your *gasp* Carla...tripping him might have made me feel better; so maybe next time...He betta' not let me catch him on the street!

@ Jacki...Girl he doesn't lend himself to the elderly either...at least not in NYC.

Bombchell said...

O__O that's so sad.

some people really skipped home training.

J said...

Chivalry isn't dead as much as foolishness and ignorance is alive.

And when it comes to men being chivalrous, although they may not be totally rude assholes such as the guy in this post, there's very little incentive for them to be gentlemanly since they generally get more play being inconsiderate.

I know that although I'm more chivalrous than not, if I want to come at a woman strong (and I'm not necessarily interested in a relationship), I don't go out of my way to do chivalrous things because its generally taken as being 'too nice'. It took me about 7 years of my youth to figure this out.

(This applies for women young and old.)

1me said...

i do what i do,,,,


i dont call it chivalry....
i call it respect ..

Ceecee said...

For the most part yes it's dead. A recent ex of mine was like the King of Chivalrists though...he really was. Opening doors...carrying me over a puddle...giving me his jacket when I was cold...shopping at shoes stores was an adventure. Any shoe I wanted to try on he'd put on for me. YAY-This list could go on. Unfortunately this is where his goodness stopped. There were many other things that (negatively)outshined the chivalrist in him-therefore he is ghost now! lol